Senior Data Engineer
Landbot is a no-code communication automation platform that empowers non-technical users to automate business processes through conversational experiences. COVID19 is accelerating digitalization at both the consumer and enterprise level, so the adoption of communication automation solutions therefore is skyrocketing.
In three years Landbot has gone from a chatbot builder MVP to a product with thousands of recurring customers who use it daily to get more and better leads across the whole world. This is possible thanks to our builder, a centerpiece of the product, which allows non-technical people to build engaging conversational experiences.
What's the opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the company as a founding member of the Data Team and help us democratize the usage of data in the organization to build the best no-code communication automation platform in the market.
You are a data-savvy engineer with experience designing, implementing and maintaining reliable data pipelines in the Cloud, and don't mind dabbling into Data Science work if push comes to shove.
You are excited about enabling Data Analysts, Data Scientists, and other stakeholders to exploit the wealth of data we currently collect and improve our customer's experience.
You are up-to-date with the latest streaming framework or functional programming library, but you are always looking for the right solution for the problem at hand, irrespective of how fancy it looks.
About the role
- You will partner with the engineers in the Product Development team to design and implement a robust data platform
- You will integrate different batch or streaming data sources into an accessible Data Lake
- You're fond of DevOps and DataOps principles, and you will partner with Data Analysts and Data Scientists to democratize data access across the organization
- You will set the foundations for the development of advanced data-products to support our customer needs
- 4+ years experience in a similar role, preferably at an early-stage startup
- Proven record developing data solutions on top of Cloud services and technologies, preferably in AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience working with Infrastructure-as-Code frameworks
- Solid programming skills
- Proficiency with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of big data (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto or alternatives) and streaming frameworks (Kafka, Flink, Storm or alternatives)
- You are fluent in English and Spanish (it's a must).
- Eligibility to work in Spain
- A competitive salary package in a fast-growing start-up.
- Great culture & working atmosphere, we have a young, upbeat, and international work environment.
- Live and work in sunny Barcelona.
- Remote friendly.
- Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings.
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it.
- Bonus transport tickets, educational content, and all you need to feel empowered.
- Referral Bonus if you bring other talented people like you.
- Top-notch work equipment.